Photography

CKC sew along day FOUR

Hey everyone! Sorry we skipped day three lol all the bad weather here set me back a day. Good news though, not much rain today and all the flood waters have started to recede. Anywho, lets get with it.

Once again I am sorry for the poor lighting in the pics, I did them all in my kitchen at night and the light sucks there lol.



First, lets look at yesterday's steps for the Jeffrey. I like my button holes to be extra sturdy so when I sewed my bib together I added a piece of interfacing here along the top where the button holes will be. You can see that here.

After that I assembled my bib and straps according to the pattern!



For the Tegan I didnt take a photo of yesterday's steps but I did them just as the pattern said :)



Now, on to today. For the Jeffrey I wanted to change up my pocket a bit because I wanted to put his name on it. Some of you know I said I don't like to put my children's names on their clothing because I am afraid a stranger will call to them by the name they see on them and my kids will come thinking this person must know them. BUT baby Josh is only 5 (ish) months old so hes not coming no matter what lol. So I changed my pocket to suit my needs. I made the 3-6m size and I cut two pieces 3.5X5.35in and sewed them wrong sides together leaving a gap to turn, clipped my corners, turned, pressed, and top stitched along the top, closing my gap. I know pockets were not supposed to be added at this point but I wanted to do mine now bc i thought that would make it easier to line up. So I hooped stabilizer (pretend I didnt waste all that stabilizer lol it was a piece I had cut for my 5x7 hoop that didnt fit so I just stuck it on there) used adhesive spray to hold the fabric in place in the middle and then pinned all around. You can see that here.



Now to attache my pocket I just sewed around the two sides and the bottom leaveing the top open and then attached the shorts just like the pattern called for!



For the Tegan I did the steps just like the pattern again today lol I'm following the rules for once. I picked a rayon challis for my main skirt fabric because I think it will look cool with the bubble effect though! So I did change SOMETHING lol. Now don't forget to post your pics in the event today! See yall tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment