Photography

Did You Know? Lace Skirt Overlay

 Throughout my sewing learning journey there have been many times (more than I would like to admit LoL) when I came across a technique, foot, tool, etc that I had no clue about and thought to myself "HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT!?". So every week I am going to share something that SEEMS like common sense lol but some of us (AHEM ... me...) might not have known :P This week is how to add a lace overlay to any skirt!



 To add this overlay all you have to do is cut the same amount and size skirt pieces that the pattern calls for in both a border lace and the fabric you plan to use for the skirt. Next, sew the lace pieces together in the same manner that the pattern tells you to sew the skirt.Then sew the skirt pieces together and hem. You do not need to cut the lace pieces longer, since they do not need to be hemmed, they will hang longer than the skirt once the fabric is hemmed. Now all you have to do is place the lace wrong side facing the right side of the skirt and baste stitch the lace to the fabric. Now you can treat the whole skirt as one piece, gather it, and attach it to the bodice! Easy Peasy!







 Thats how I did this dress :) In case you were wondering this is the Endless Dress from Jocole. The flutter sleeves and sash are from the Endless Add-On package and I used the waist length bodice option and knee length skirt option :) You can find both of those HERE!

I LOVE THIS DRESS. And so does Lilly :)




No comments:

Post a Comment