Photography

Whimsy Couture Bow Tie Shorties

I am TOALLY lovin this new outfit I made for Emmy! Its so cute and vintage looking! Everything about it is sweet and we got tons of compliments just from people who were walking by while I was taking pictures.




 This top with its low back is one of a kind. Its the new Bay top and dress from Brownie Goose! But what I really want to talk to you about is the bow tie shorties! These are the newest pattern released  from Whimsy Couture Pattern Designs. GET THE PATTERN HERE.These shorties are PERFECT for the hot temps coming our way in south Louisiana and they compliment dresses, tunics, and even regular tops very well, and with my love for all things Whimsy Couture I wanted these to be my first review! So buckle up, this could get messy :P HERE WE GO!



These sweet shorties come in size 3-6m-size 16! YES, I kid you not... thats a total of 14 size ranges for ONE low price :)

The bow tie shorties pattern features 23 pages of instructions with 40 clear color photos to help you along the way. The pattern pieces (for the bow ties and crotch cut out only) are very easy to assemble and follow. The shorts themselves and elastic casings are cut with measurements and you use the crotch cut out to shape them! SAVE PAPER AND INK..... WIN!



As with all Whimsy Couture's other patterns, the instructions were clear, the pictures were helpful and the fit was spot on. No issues with putting the pattern pieces together or garment construction at all.



The pattern allows for plenty of room to play and move and I suspect even a cloth diaper booty would have ample room in these shorts. Emmy had no trouble getting around, as usual!



I used woven cotton on these shorts and made no changes to the pattern what so ever... so what you see is what you get here folks :)


I love this pattern overall. It was a quick sew (even quicker if you have a serger) and I will be adding tons to our summer wardrobe!


Thanks for reading and be sure to check out Whimsy Couture Sewing Patterns and follow them on Facebook HERE for all their pattern updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment