Photography

CKC sew a long day TWO

Today is day two of our sew along with ckc. If you haven't joined in yet you can still find us in my sewing group HERE. So, lets get started!



Not too much going on today with the Tegan. Just button loops and straps. Pretty straight forward. I meant to mention the pattern materials dont actually say you will need elastic thread and I should have mentioned that before now but I forgot. So I hope you have some lol


Here are my completed pieces for today. If you dont have the ability to do a rolled hem, Add half an inch to your width on your sleeve strips and fold each long side down a quarter inch and then in another quarter inch and sew it down. 




And if you want to see a close up of the shirring here it is. If you dont know how to shirr there are many tutorials out there but I found one video for you HERE.

For the Jeffrey today, we are making the shorts and cuffs. I sew my cuffs on a little differently and I will show you how here. Please excuse my photos the inside light SUCKS and I it was dark when I did these. 



Here is a picture of the shorts and cuffs sewn together. I did this just as the pattern called for.





Here is where I switch it up. I like the seams to be enclosed so that they dont show. So instead of sewing the cuffs to the right side of the shorts, I pin and sew them to the WRONG side. Like you see here in my photos.



Now, I just turn the shorts right side out and fold the cuffs up the way they should look. Notice how the inside of my leg looks. No exposed seam. 




This is what it looks like inside the cuff.




Now I press them and make them stay in place and they look like this. Notice one of my cuffs was taller than the other lol I went back and fixed that but forgot to take a picture after lol SO pretend it looks right!



Now I just sew a vertical line up each side  of the cuff in the crotch and on the side outside like this to hold the cuff in place. 




There it is! We are done for today! And if anyone remembers my Rayana rompers that I did with the cuffs, I do those cuffs the same way! I know a few of you asked about that. Alright yall, see you tomorrow and dont forget to post your pics in the event on Sew & Tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment